Thursday, October 14, 2010

Creamy Fiesta Salsa Chicken

This was recommended as a delicious slow cooker dinner. I am very skeptical on chicken in the crock. For whatever reason it never turns out good. I'm not sure if it's what happens to the texture of the chicken or what, but they always seem kind of blah to me. Last night's though was a real winner! It doesn't look pretty, but don't let that fool you!


Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
1 jar salsa
1 can black beans
1 block cream cheese
1 can or bag of corn
Put chicken in with salsa - make sure salsa covers the chicken. Cook all day on low, then, 45 minutes before serving put in the black beans (drained and rinsed), corn and cream cheese.

*my notes: When I got home from work, I just used a wooden spoon to shred the chicken and blend with the salsa. The chicken had been cooking for about 8 hours and fell apart quite nicely. I just made some boxed Spanish Rice with diced tomatoes and served the chicken mix over it. So yummy!

2 comments:

Bobi said...

I made this last night. My husband loved it! I think it will be on our regular menu, so easy!

Chris on S/V Radio Waves said...

I make this all the time and just wanted to add that you can throw the corn and beans in at the same time with the frozen chicken and salsa. I thought the corn would get mushy from cooking all day, but it really doesn't!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin