Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Hot Pizza Dip
I've been making this recipe for years and it's always a hit. It's a Pampered Chef recipe from way back when. The only problem with it? Your guests will want you to make a 2nd batch after they eat the first one in minutes! Do yourself a favor...make two in the first place ;) Oh and if you are thinking- oh she took a scoop out to enhance the picture...no. I just dug into it too fast before I remembered. Oops...so not only your guests will eat it up- you will too!
HOT PIZZA DIP
1 (8 oz). cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¾ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
1 (8 oz) pizza sauce
¼ cup diced green bell pepper, sliced green onions or sliced green onions (I prefer the green onions)
I bake in my small oval PC baker, but you can use a glass pie dish too.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine cream cheese and seasoning mix; spread onto bottom of dish.
3. In small bowl, combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese mixture over cream cheese mixture. Top with pizza sauce, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese mixture.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Top with bell pepper or onion. (Yes Lindsay- you can leave it off!)
TOASTED BAGUETTE SLICES
24 slices French bread, cut ¼ inch thick
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place bread slices on rectangle stone; lightly brush tops with olive oil. Back 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.