Another recipe I stole from Loves to Nom. I was alone...surprise...and wanted something fairly simple for dinner. I actually had all the items needed for this, so Cheli's Chicken Crescents it was!
Chicken Crescents Serves 4
You will need: Oil, cream cheese, chicken, onion, salt & pepper, garlic, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, parsley, 8 count refrigerated crescent rolls.
1. In a fry pan, add a little oil and heat over medium. Take out a half a block (4 oz.) of cream cheese (reduced fat/fat free is fine) and put it in a medium bowl to soften.
2. Add 1 cup of diced onion (vidalia is my favorite) and about 2/3 pound chicken meat. I used tenders this time. Try not to move the chicken around much. Cook it for about 3-4 minutes on the first side and add salt and pepper. Then flip and repeat. When you flip, add a clove or two of minced garlic. I use the jar stuff because I am too lazy to mince/press it myself.
3. When chicken is done, remove from pan to a cutting board to cool slightly.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, or whatever it says on the crescent roll package.
5. Layout the crescent rolls on a baking sheet. (see picture)
6. Finely dice chicken mixture and add to the cream cheese in the bowl. Mix.
7. Spoon a large scoop of the mixture onto the fattest part of each crescent roll. Then fold up the short corners. Then fold up and wrap around the long corner. Don't worry if the chicken peeks out.
8. Pop in the oven per crescent roll directions (usually 11-13 minutes). They will probably be done in the shorter amount of time.
9. While baking, in a small saucepan over low heat combine the following: 3/4 can of cream of chicken soup 1/2 cup sour cream Few splashes of milk Palmful of dried parsley
10. When crescents are done, spoon some of the sour cream sauce onto a plate. Set 2 crescents on top of the sauce (it looks prettiest this way haha). Enjoy!
Notes: I have to admit, I felt this was lacking something. But when I mentioned to Shelly that I thought it needed some spice, she said everything she makes is spicy, and she needs to give Matt's stomach a break once in awhile. But it did make some wonderful lunch leftovers!
I'm Molly, a newlywed living in SE Michigan. I'm really enjoying married life in our new home! I am trying my hardest to keep a happy household and that includes full stomachs! We are constantly making improvements to our house and trying new recipes and just wanted a place to house all that! Enjoy and thanks for taking a look!