Thursday, May 14, 2009
Oven Baked Honey Chicken Nuggets
I trust Lindsay. I trust Lindsay a lot. She's never steered me wrong. So when she said "go make these," I nodded and said uh huh.
She veered off the recipe a little, so I decided to do it just the way it was stated. These were a great, quick, different way to eat chicken. I loved the nugget size and the flavor was great. We dipped them in Baby Rays BBQ Sauce- delish! Thanks Lindsay for yet another great recipe!
* 1/2 cup honey
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 1 1/2 cups dried bread crumbs
* Appx 1 lb fresh boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil-lined baking pan large enough to hold all chicken pieces in one layer.
2. In shallow bowl, whisk together honey and vinegar. Set aside.
3. Place bread crumbs in a small saute pan and toast lightly over low heat for about 3-4 minutes until lightly golden brown.
4. Pour bread crumbs a little at a time into separated bowl. Roll chicken pieces in honey mixture, then in bread crumbs; place in pan.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly. (Mine were done in exactly 30 min)